PROM Ultimate Invite Contest
OFFICIAL RULES ("Rules")
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
Disney Online, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California 91521, is solely responsible for all aspects of this skill-based contest ("Contest").
- BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST:
This Contest is to be entered during the period commencing at 12:01 A.M., March 1, and ending at 5:00 P.M. (PT), March 31, 2011, ("Submission Period"), for a participant ("Participant") to compete for one (1) prize by creating and submitting at PromContest.Disney.go.com ("Website"), a user-generated video that shows or tells a creative way to ask someone to Prom that may also reference "Prom" the motion picture ("Show") and incorporate references and concepts derived from the Show ("Show Material"), along with the accompanying information and based on instructions posted on the Website (collectively, "Submission"). For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Pacific Time. Sponsor's appointed panel of judges comprised of the Website producers and/or others ("Judges") will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner, fifteen (15) potential First Prize winners, and fifteen (15) potential Second Prize winners by scoring the eligible Submissions based on the following equally weighted criteria ("Criteria"): Entertainment Value, Technical Quality, Creativity, and Practical Value as advice. The one (1) Submission receiving the highest score will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner, the next fifteen (15) highest scoring Submissions, as the First Prize winners, and the following fifteen (15) highest scoring Submissions, as the Second Prize winners. The actual awarding of prizes will be subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
This Contest is open only to minors (as defined by state of primary residence, individually, "Minor"), and their parents/legal guardians (individually, "Parent") who enter for the Minor's benefit if both are legal residents of, and physically present within, the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and if they are registered members on Disney.com (individually, "Member") with an upload account ("Upload Account") on the Website. Instructions on how to register and obtain an Upload Account are described below in Paragraphs 4 and 6. Registering and creating an Upload Account are both free of charge. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Contest (collectively, "Entities"), and the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons (whether legally related or not), are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- HOW TO REGISTER:
As a Member, you may enter the Contest by logging into the Website with your Member Name and Password and following the "How to Submit a Contest Submission" in Paragraph 6 below. If you are not a Member, you may become a Member free of charge by visiting the Website and registering by providing the requested information on the Registration Form through the "Sign Up" link on the Website. Upon becoming a Member, you may enter the Contest by following the instructions in Paragraph 6 below. A Parent of a child under the age of 13 will be sent an email notifying him/her of the child's registration. No response by the Parent to the email is required for the child to register on the Website, however, if the Parent does not want his/her child to register, Parent may click on a link in the email and complete the steps required to cancel the child's registration and delete the child's information. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. It is the Member's sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if the Member changes his/her email address ("Address"). To do so, Member must go to http://disney.go.com/youraccount/, log into the Member's Website account using the Member Name and Password, click on "Manage Your Account" then "Account Details" and follow the instructions on how to change the Address.
- HOW TO CREATE A CONTEST SUBMISSION:
Sponsor will post instructions ("Instructions") on the Website for Participants to follow in the creation of their Submissions. The specifications for the Submission, including its maximum length, will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Videos that are longer than forty-five (45) seconds will be disqualified. Any Submission that fails to meet Sponsor's specifications may be disqualified. Submissions must be received during the Submission Period. There is a limit of thirty (30) Submissions per Member for the Contest, however, each Submission must be unique and any duplicate or materially similar Submissions may be disqualified. Any Member who attempts or is suspected of attempting (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) to circumvent this limitation by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, may be disqualified from the Contest. In the event that the same Submission is received from more than one (1) Participant, only the first Submission received will be accepted. Any Submission received after the Submission Period deadline will be disqualified. Proof of submitting a Submission does not constitute proof of receipt or entry into the Contest.
- HOW TO SUBMIT A SUBMISSION AND CREATE AN UPLOAD ACCOUNT:
Once Participants have created their Submission, they will be instructed on the Website on how to create an Upload Account in order to submit their Submission. Participants must log into their Disney account with their Member Name and Password. If the Participant is 13 years of age or older, he/she will be asked to agree to create an Upload Account if he/she hasn't done so already. In doing so, Participants will be agreeing to the TOU, to these Rules, and, if there are people in the Submission other than the Participant, the Participant will be agreeing that he/she has obtained the permission of each person in the Submission and that that person agrees to appear in the Submission. Thereafter, an email will be sent to Participants which will contain a link that they must click on in order to validate their email address and create the Upload Account. If these steps are not taken, an Upload Account will not be created and the Submission cannot be entered into the Contest.
If the Participant is under 13 years of age, he/she will also be asked to agree to create an Upload Account if he/she hasn't done so already. In doing so, Participants will also be agreeing to the TOU, to these Rules, and, if there are people in the Submission other than the Participant, the Participant will be agreeing that he/she has obtained the permission of each person in the Submission and that that person agrees to appear in the Submission. An email will then be sent to the Participant's Parent's email address, which will instruct the Parent to click on the link in the email in order to create an Upload Account for his/her child and to validate the Parent's email address. In doing so, the Parent also agrees to the TOU and these Rules on behalf of himself/herself and his/her child, and grants Sponsor permission to email Parent's email address regarding the possible use of any Submission submitted by Participant in any media. If the Parent does not take these steps, an Upload Account will not be created for his/her child and the child's Submission cannot be entered into the Contest.
- CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
All Submissions must meet the following requirements and specifications to be eligible:
- Videos that are longer than forty-five (45) seconds will be disqualified.
- The Submission must be authorized. This means that Participant must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the Submission for Participant and any other person appearing in the Submission. By submitting the Submission, Participant hereby represents that he/she has all rights necessary to distribute the Submission through the Website and to grant to Sponsor the rights set forth below.
- With the exception of any Show Material, the Submission must be the Participant's original work, and, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- The Submission, with the exception of any downloadable songs clips provided at the Website, must not contain any music.
- The Submission must meet all specifications set forth by Sponsor on the Website, including length and format and those described in the Instructions.
- The Submission must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene or other inappropriate content.
- The Submission must not violate these Rules or any of the TOU.
- With the exception of any Show Material incorporated in the Submission in accordance with the Instructions, Participant represents and warrants that: (i) Participant is the sole and exclusive creator and owner of the Submission, and all rights thereto; (ii) Participant has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the Submission to Sponsor upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; (iii) no part of the Submission has been published; (iv) no rights in the Submission have previously been granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or otherwise exercised or exploited; (v) the full use of the Submission or any part thereof will not in any way violate or infringe upon any copyright (statutory or otherwise), constitute a libel or defamation of or an invasion of the rights of privacy or publicity of, or otherwise violate or infringe upon any other personal, property or other rights of any person, firm, corporation or other entity or subject Sponsor to any costs or liability of any kind or nature whatsoever.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE:
The applicable dates, times and deadlines for the Contest are as follows (Pacific Time).
- 3/1 (12:01 AM) — 3/31 (5 PM): Submission Period
- 4/14 (5 PM) — Winners Announced
The dates and times set forth above are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of any change, notice of the revised date or time will be posted on the Website.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS:
At the conclusion of the Submission Period, the Judges will score all eligible Submissions based on the Criteria. The one (1) highest scoring Submission will be deemed potential Grand Prize winner. The next fifteen (15) highest scoring Submissions will be deemed potential First Prize winners. The following fifteen (15) highest scoring Submissions will be deemed potential Second Prize winners. Potential winners are subject to verification of the submitting Participants' eligibility and compliance with these Rules for the Contest and TOU set forth at the Website. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the Judges based on the entertainment value of the Submission. The decision of the Judges shall be final and binding.
- SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY:
At any time during the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission for any reason, including but not limited to, because Sponsor believes the Submission potentially or actually infringes upon the copyrights, or other rights of any third party, or otherwise does not meet the TOU or these Rules. In the event that a winning Submission is disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining eligible Submissions.
- PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE:
The Grand Prize consists of a three (3) day / two (2) night trip for winner and three (3) guests ("Group") to Los Angeles, CA ("L.A.") at Sponsor-selected time between April 15, 2011 and April 21, 2011 consisting of the following elements for the Group ("Trip"):  Sponsor-selected hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (with quadruple occupancy);  Four (4) tickets to the premiere of Prom on or about April 21, 2011;  a red-carpet meet-and-greet with Nicholas Braun or Aimee Teagarden;  one (1) Macy's gift card worth $500.00;  if winner resides more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from L.A., round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner's residence ("airport of origin") and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near L.A. and airport/hotel transfers. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $3,400.
Fifteen (15) First Prizes: Each First Prize consists of  one (1) Macy's gift card worth $100.00;  one (1) PROM soundtrack CD. (ARV: $115).
Fifteen (15) Second Prizes: Each Second Prize consists of one (1) PROM soundtrack CD. (ARV: $15).
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: any transportation to or from any Grand Prize destination city ("City") or any airport if a winner resides two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the City specified as part of his/her prize, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor's selected of travel dates. The Group must travel together on the same itinerary; and a Minor may not participate in the Trip unless accompanied by his/her Parent as a member of the Group. All members of the Group will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Travelers in the Group are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (passport, valid photo I.D., etc.) before departure.
Total ARV of all prizes: $5,350.00. Trip ARV may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates and airfares. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except a Grand Prize is transferable to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted for any reason. The meet-and-greet with Nicholas Braun or Aimee Teagarden is a special perk and has no substitution value. In the event that a prize component is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and the Grand Prize is validly claimed by April 15, 2011, after which no alternate winner will be selected nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
All federal, state and local taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize is awarded "as is" with no guarantee either express or implied. Since the winner will be a Minor, the prize will be awarded for the benefit of the Minor to his/her Parent, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the Minor for all applicable documentation and federal, state and local taxes. The prize claim is subject to Sponsor's verification.
All potential winners will be notified by email to their Addresses within five (5) business days of selection. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to notification within forty-eight (48) hours after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any First or Second Prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and/or residency;  potential winner's failure to execute and return by email all Affidavits within forty-eight (48) hours after transmission;  potential First or Second Prize winner's failure to execute and return by U.S. Mail or overnight delivery service hard copy Affidavits within seven (7) days after reception;  potential First or Second Prize winner's failure to claim any First or Second Prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  potential Grand Prize winner's failure to be available to make the Trip on Sponsor's schedule and  any other non-compliance with these Rules or TOU. Sponsor may require signed Affidavits to be notarized at its sole discretion. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All First Prizes for qualified winners will be delivered within twelve (12) weeks after the date of the selection.
- GENERAL RULES
- Disputes Over Winner's Identity: Disputes Over Winner's Identity: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on the Address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the Address. For purposes of these Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Addresses for the domain associated with the submitted Address.
- Site Marks: By participating in the Contest, Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Website contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by Sponsor in writing, Participant agrees not to reproduce, exploit, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Website, including its interface, in whole or in part and other logos and product and service names that are trademarks of the respective owners (the "Website Marks"). Unless Participant has written permission, Participant hereby agrees not to display or use in any manner the Website Marks. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Participant shall have the right to include Website Marks in Submissions created and submitted in accordance with the terms of the Instructions and these Rules solely in connection with Participant's participation in this Contest.
- Name and Likeness: By participating in the Contest, entering the Contest and accepting any prize, Participants grant permission to Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies, the right to use the name, likenesses, voice, biographical information, of Participant and any other person appearing in the Submissions, and the Submissions and any other material submitted in connection with the Contest for purposes of programming, advertising, publicity and promotion, without further compensation to Participant or any other individual, unless prohibited by law.
- Not Responsible for Errors or Entries not Received: Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal Submissions.
- No Confidential or Fiduciary Relationship: Participant understands and agrees that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is established by Participant's submitting the Submission hereunder and nothing in these Rules or in the fact of Participant's submitting the Submission shall be deemed to place Sponsor in any different position from anyone else to whom Participant has not submitted the Submission.
- Comments: Participant agrees that Sponsor, and its third-party vendors engaged to implement this Contest are authorized to display the Submissions and any Participant ratings, votes and comments on the Website in connection with the Contest and thereafter.
- RELEASE, WARRANTY, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION: Participant expressly understands and agrees that:
- Participants hereby release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, divisions and subsidiaries, and their respective agents, affiliates, agencies, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives and independent contractors (the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of their participation in the Contest and/or the use or acceptance of any prize won.
- PARTICIPANT'S USE OF THE WEBSITE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS AT PARTICIPANT'S SOLE RISK. THIS CONTEST IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities (including, but not limited to, attorneys' and experts' fees, costs and disbursements), demands and actions of every kind and nature, whether or not now known or suspected (collectively, "Claims"), arising out of or in connection with (I) Participant's participation in the Contest; (ii) any Submission submitted by Participant (including, but not limited to, any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on the Submission of such material); (iii) any posting by Participant on Sponsor's site; (iv) the use by Released Parties of any of the rights granted by Participant in connection with the Contest; and (ii) any breach by Participant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Rules or TOU or in any documentation submitted by Participant.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of any entries/photographs submitted, or for any technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunction or limitations of any kind, or any inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, an insufficient number of Submissions, or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend and/or suspend the Contest and/or to award any prizes based on alternate means including, without limitation, based on Submissions received prior to termination.
- SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON WHO TAMPERS OR IS SUSPECTED OF TAMPERING WITH THE SUBMISSION PROCESS. ANY ATTEMPT BY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SITE OWNED OR OPERATED BY SPONSOR, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. IF SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION BELIEVES THAT ANY SUCH CONDUCT HAS OCCURRED, THEN SPONSOR MAY TAKE SUCH REMEDIAL MEASURES AS SPONSOR DEEMS APPROPRIATE IN KEEPING WITH THE FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY OF THE CONTEST.
- GOVERNING LAW:
All issues and questions rights and obligations of Participant in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the city of Los Angeles. Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to these Rules or this Contest, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the terms set forth in the TOU at http://disney.go.com/corporate/privacy/terms.html.
- WINNERS' LIST:
For a copy of the Rules and/or a list of names of winners, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Prom Ultimate Invite Contest, c/o T180 Studios, P.O. Box 2287, Los Angeles, CA 90078. Requests must be received no later than two (2) months following the conclusion of the Contest.